Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mason Jar Dispensers

I have officially jumped on the mason jar band wagon. I am in love and have a few other projects to show you with mason jars. But, today it is dispensers.

This is the easiest project ever, and can add so much personality to a kitchen or bathroom.
I bought some soap pumps here
that were much nicer than what I could find at Hobby Lobby. With a little help from oil-rubbed bronze spray paint, the lids were almost the same color as the pumps.
Here is a great picture tutorial for you. I would suggest buying the pumps the color you want them to be and then painting the lids to match, to avoid the paint scraping off.

Here is how mine turned out
So that is boring, I must fill 'em up and put 'em to good use.
I love this one in the full of lotion in the bathroom.
These two are on the ledge in from of my kitchen sink with dish soap and hand soap. I love the color and they are so much cuter than a plain soap bottle.

Now go find yourself some mason jars and add a little vintage style to your home.



Partying here:
Vintage Wanna Bee
Today's Creative Blog
Home Stories A to Z
Funky Polka Dot Giraffe
A Diamond In the Stuff
Not just a Housewife
Homework
Blue Cricket Designs
Eisy Morgan
Handy Man Crafty Woman
2805
Funky Junk Interiors
Under the Table and Dreaming

5 comments:

  1. I love that idea! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea!! and it does look so much better than just the bottle! I'm sure it would be an extra special touch in a guest bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Thank you so much for posting it, I was wanting to make one for my bathroom but wasn't sure how!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making the jars into dispensers is so smart! Thanks for your participation in Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you....so please take the time to leave a comment.