Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Killer Peanut Butter Bars

These are without a doubt the most delicious peanut butter dessert I have ever eaten. And so easy to make too. Get ready to get baking because I promise you will love this treat. It is 2 mouthwatering layers of peanut butter topped with heavenly chocolate.


Layered Peanut Butter Bars

Cookie Base
1 pouch of peanut butter cookie mix
3 T vegetable oil
1 T water
1 egg

Filling
1/2 cup butter, sofented
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp milk

Frosting
1 cup semisweet choc. chips
1/4 cup butter

1. Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan

2. In a large bowl stir together all cookie base ingredients until a soft dough forms. Press dough into the bottom of the pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely, about 1 hour.

3. In a small bowl beat all filling ingredients on medium speed until smooth. Spread evenly over cookie base.

4. In a microwaveable bowl, combine butter and chocolate chips. Heat on hig about 30seconds, stir until smooth. Be cautious not to overcook. Let cool about 10 minutes then spread over filling.

5. Refridgerate 30 minutes, or until set.

Enjoy!!!


Partying here:
Eisy Morgan
Handy Man, Crafty Woman
Savvy Southern Style
Southern Lovely
Gluesticks
Thrify Decorating
Thrifty 101
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Fabulously Flawed
Beyond the Picket Fence
Delightful Order
Simple Home Life
Stuff and Nonsense
Designer Garden
2805
Funky Junk Interiors

13 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I'm a sucker for peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, these definitely look killer! I am absolutely trying these this weekend! My husband will thank you--he LOVES anything peanut butter and chocolate. :}
    Found you on Southern Lovely's Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Peanut butter's my favorite! Can't wait to try! Thanks for visiting & following my blog! I'm now following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh…YUM!! Thank you for the recipe!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look SO good! i came over to say thanks for the blog comments, and now my mouth is watering!! i seriously may make these today....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theses do sound and look good. I will have to make some for my family. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! These look and sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica, I have some great news for you - you have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award! You can find out more by clicking on my name...it will take you to the post.
    Have a great weekend, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! These do look good. Thanks for the receipe!

    Thanks so much for sharing and linking to Potpourri Friday. You participation is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy thank you for the recipe. Thank you so much sharing and for linking up to our party Show and Share this week! Come on back this Wednesday to link up your current projects.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness--I should never look at posts like this when I'm hungrey--sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look seriously yummmy. I would love to have one right now!

    Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. Your participation is appreciated and I hope you will make it a weekly party stop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jessica, I haven't made peanut butter bars in years and don't even think I have the recipe any more. Thanks for sharing yours. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you....so please take the time to leave a comment.